Founded circa 1890 and re-established
in the 1950s, NHS leases three buildings from the City of Norwalk, which are located
together at the Mill Hill Historic Park.
The 1835 Town Meeting House, 1828
one-room school house and c.1740 Governor Thomas Fitch Law Office serve as the preservation sites for centuries-old historical and cultural items.
Your tax-deductible gift will help preserve these valuable resources that educate and unite our community.
To volunteer or join the Norwalk Historical Society, call 203-846-0525 or email the address below.
Norwalk Historical Society
Membership Contribution Levels
Download NHS membership form here
Note: this PDF format document requires Adobe Reader software, available here for free.
Few events have left a greater mark on Norwalk than the devastating flood of 1955. And few have a greater memory of this catastrophic event than lifelong Norwalk resident Sue Sulla, whose house was damaged 50 years ago.
Sue, who is in her 90s and is still going strong, offers just the kind of living history that must be preserved.
|| Her memories are part of the Historical Society’s flood exhibit of June 2005, entitled “Angry Waters”. The exhibit, originally installed in the Norwalk Museum, was later moved to the third floor of Norwalk City Hall, where it is currently on display outside the offices of the Norwalk Redevelopment Agency.